Alpha Gamma Sigma-Gamma Chapter
November 7, 1953 marked another memorable occasion for Alpha Gamma Sigma, with the initiation of the charter members of the Gamma Chapter in Lincoln, Nebraska. The first steps to create this chapter were taken by the Beta Chapter when they contacted Assistant Dean Hixon of the College of Agriculture at the University of Nebraska.
Dean Hixon in turn contacted the Agricultural Men's Club and approximately half of the members decided to colonize with Alpha Gamma Sigma Fraternity. During the period of colonization, Donald R. Warner, an alumnus of the Beta Chapter, served as their advisor.
In 1956 the young Gamma Chapter purchased the old Farmhouse facility and this became their home until May of 1971. At this time they began building a new facility on the old site with funds from the alumni association. This new facility was beneficial to the chapter for expansion purposes.
1987 marked another significant year for the men of the Gamma Chapter and the Alpha Gamma Sigma Foundation was formed. This special foundation was created to ensure that the needs of the Gamma Chapter will continue to be met.
Recently the physical appearance of the chapter has changed again. In the summer of 1998 a new addition was built on to our existing house. Thanks to the generous donations from our alumni, we now have a state of the art kitchen and computer room. Meanwhile the internal quality of the Gamma Chapter remains the same as we continue to lead the campus in scholarship and involvement. Our major philanthropies are the Masters Golf Tournament, which raises money for the Special Olympics, and the See-Saw-A-Thon that we hold in conjunction with Gamma Phi Beta Sorority to raise money for the Laura Cockson Memorial Scholarship Fund which promotes alcohol awareness on our campus.